Coed Kickball Mondays in Virginia Beach *Draft Express League*
CLUBWAKA is proud to present to you the CLUBWAKA SUMMER KICKBALL DRAFT LEAGUE! This is a unique kickball experience, as each player joins as an individual and will be placed on a team following a selection party. This is the absolute best way to meet new people and make great friends this summer!
- This is an express league, set to hold games on Monday nights in the summer. The perfect bridge between the Spring and Fall kickball seasons!
- There will be a minimum of 6 games for every team; however, we will fit as many games into the schedule as we can once teams are registered. Games will be at 6:30 and 7:30.
- After the games, CLUBWAKA Kickballers will enjoy drink and food specials (details coming soon!)
- The coolest part of summer league is the draft. Each player who enters the league as a free agent will be selected by a captain at our annual live draft party! For more info on how the draft works, please see "About The Draft".
- Don't want to enter the draft? Round up your friends and create your own team. We'll warn you ahead of time that everyone who chooses this option always regrets not joining the draft!
ABOUT THE DRAFT
Here is how the draft selection process will work:
- Everyone who wishes to participate in the draft will sign up as an individual through the league website. You do not need to select a friend group if you are declaring for the draft. Signing up as a free agent will get you placed in a draft group.
- A CLUBWAKA representative will e-mail you a brief web survey to gather some information from you prior to the draft. This information will be included in a packet provided to the captains prior to the draft.
- Captains will consist of one male and one female per team. Players interested in being a captain will be placed in a queue once both participants are registered for the season. As enough players sign up to constitute another team formation, the next set of captains will be pulled from the queue list to captain that team.
- NOTE: To be eligible to captain a team, both captains MUST be available to attend the Draft Party/Meet N Greet in order to select your team.
- Captains will select their team color once they have been designated as captains. A team name must be decided upon prior to the draft party.
- The captains will take turns selecting their teams from the available player pool at the League Draft Event
- The draft order will be determined by pulling the team names randomly out of a hat.
- The draft will 'snake' in order, with the order reversing every other round.
- The players chosen will be announced live at the bar!
DRAFT LEAGUE FAQ
Q: Do I have to be a part of the draft to play this summer?
A: No. Participation in the draft is encouraged, but not mandatory. If you would rather start a friend group and play with a team, you are welcome to do so! However, we'll warn you that those who have opted out of the draft in the past always wish they had opted in!
Q: Is trading allowed after the draft?
Q: I want to play with my significant other/friend. Can we be drafted together as a "package deal"?
A: No, allowing package deals would skew the roster sizes and leave the draft unbalanced. If you do prefer to play with a specific person, please note it on the web survey you complete, and the captains will take it into consideration when making their choices. While we can't guarantee that you'll both be drafted to the same team, we generally are able to make it work. If you want to guarantee that you'll play on the same team, please sign up and create a friend group. You will not be included in the draft but will be assigned to a team with the most space on their roster.
Q: Why are we doing a draft league?
A: Because it's something different and fun! We hope that with a short season (6 weeks) in between the Spring and Fall seasons, that this is the perfect opportunity to play with new people and make new friends! Plus, it's always fun to pretend to be a professional athlete!
COVID-19 PHASE 3 SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Please take a moment to review our safety guidelines
Every CLUBWAKA league membership comes with a shirt, but we know some of y'all like to be EXTRA. That's why we've partnered with KBS Apparel to be the official custom uniform provider for CLUBWAKA Hampton Roads! Want to show off your team spirit? Put names & numbers on the back? Contact KBS for full sublimation, spot-sub, or screen printed jerseys and accessories at a great price and quality. MORE INFO - https://www.kbssportsapparel.com/pages/clubwakavirginia
- Artwork & Design is included in your cost. KBS' design professionals will help you create the best look for your squad.
- All uniform designs will include the CLUBWAKA logo and proofs will be submitted to CLUBWAKA for approval before printing to ensure proper guidelines are met.
- Outside of standard CLUBWAKA issued shirts, only custom jerseys produced by KBS Apparel will be permitted for league play. Any custom uniform that was approved prior to 2020 can still be worn, however new designs must go through our exclusive partner.
- The lead time for production is approximately 4 weeks for full-subs and 2.5 for spot/screen.
- For more questions, please visit the KBS Website or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org