Job Description & Requirements
Location: Hampton Roads
The Operations Coordinator manages the general operations of all leagues and events in an assigned market region. This position is primarily responsible for customer care, service, and retention as well as maintaining relationships with established vendors, facilities, and sponsors in the assigned market region.
The Operations Coordinator will work with the General Manager to plan for and execute adding new sports and activities to the market to include responsibilities such as identifying facilities and all operational and administrative duties pertaining to new sports and activities. The Operations Coordinator will work with the General Manager to ensure that new leagues are filled to capacity.
By providing an on-the-ground contact point for customers, vendors, facility managers, and sponsors, the Operations Coordinator will increase the customer retention numbers, satisfaction surveys and survey response rates.
- Identify new facilities and locations for new sport offerings with the assistance of the General Manager.
- Provide proactive and reactive customer service to customers, league and event volunteers, vendors, facility managers, sponsors, etc.
- Attend games, events, parties, charity events and volunteer committee meetings to provide customers with an in-person point of contact.
- Order, inventory, and distribute league T-Shirts, Equipment, and Referee Shirts through CLUBWAKA processes.
- With the oversight of the General Manager, procure and secure field locations for potential league(s), if not already in place, and actively seek alternatives to allow for new league growth and/or replacement fields.
- Manage the registration process for each league and event.
- Manage game scheduling and ref/ump assignments.
- Participation as a CLUBWAKA customer is a big plus
- A minimum of 2 years of direct customer service experience is required
- A background in sales, marketing, public relations or sports/recreation management is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Solution-focused mindset with a willingness to learn and be coached
- Ability to work within a team to collaborate and strive for a common goal
- Well organized with the ability to complete administrative tasks